Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Out To Lunch!


This past Sunday after a long 'beach walk' and with stomachs that could be heard in the next county, we thought we'd get to Jane's on the common ASAP!!!




We were expecting a crowd but there were only about ten people waiting to get in. I put our names on the list and were told it wouldn't be too long. It was about 10 degrees C. and we waited outside. I started to look around.........





And saw this 'painted up' electrical/telephone unit thingie.


Never knew Jane's had 'take out'.

Ron waiting......

We only had to wait for about 15 minutes before my name was called to come on in! Glad it was only us two, as groups of three and four seemed to take longer to get a table.


We were taken to the little room off the main one.


Had our coffees and chose from the menu.......


After the waitress described this soup, we couldn't resist! It's a pumpkin, squash and apple soup with feta cheese.....YUM.

This is a painting of Jane's and was on the wall opposite me.
While still savouring the soup and waiting for the main dish we took a few shots....again ONLY using 'manual mode' and no flash!!!


Ron wanted to get in on the action too!


The main course arrived. Ron had his fav....eggs benny and I hada  free range Nova Scotia pork burger with blue cheese.


Look at this! No wonder Ron likes it so much! This is starting to make me hungry.........


While waiting for desseret to arrive, which I'll describe in a second, I took this pic in the men's bathroom.


OK, you will have to use your imagination for this one! You see, we noticed what the table next to us had ordered for dessert.....gingerbread drenched with rum sauce and a dollop of whipped cream and I knew I needed to try that one out! Ron declined but made sure he got an extra fork to assist! And the above was all that was left before we realized we hadn't taken a pic of it. Trust me, it was DELICIOUS.


So a good brunch at Jane's again.....always a reliable choice when going to Halifax. Gee, I ought to be 'working' for them.
Related Posts with Thumbnails