Saturday, April 16, 2011

Retro Saturday


On the way home from Point Pleasant Park yesterday, we dropped into a thrift shop in Dartmouth. It was Ron's first time here and my second.


It is run by a 'food bank' and 'furniture bank' agency and it is much like a 'Sally Ann' shop. All the profits go to the 'food bank' part of the agency.


My brother Laurie had originally told me about this place. The manager recognized me from my first visit and made us feel quite at home.


The place is huge and full of 'knick-knacks', furniture and clothing.


To the china and glassware first.




This was under glass and at the front counter. It is a 'Royal Ruby' ball vase.




The photo doesn't show it's true colour....maybe too much sunlight shining through it.




This little advertising/travel souvenir shooter glass (whew!) is a brilliant cobalt blue and I am a sucker for this colour! 'Killington' is a ski resort town in Vermont.




The colours in this wall-sconce/planter are truly wonderful. They look like Flamingos but I could be wrong.




It was made in Japan and 'Hand Decorated'.






This last item is also a travel souvenir and a wall hanger. 'Triberg' I discovered is in Germany. It looks very Alps-like to me.


So a few finds at this 'our-new-favourite-thrift-shop'..........for now.





Related Posts with Thumbnails