Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Anne


I would like to introduce my friend Anne to you.




We have known each other since 1969 and met at Dalhousie University after first meeting when we were kids.




Our homes were in St. Joseph's parish in north end Halifax. We both come from large families.....she was one of twelve and I was one of nine!




So when we met at university we kind of knew of each other from the 'distant' past. She was student director of advertising for 'student services' and I was one of her 'underlings'!




We ended up being friends and actually took the same education degree at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia (Ron's hometown).




During that year at Acadia Anne and I shared an apartment and it was also the year (1973) I met Ron.




Anne lives in Toronto and teaches kids with severe challenges. She tries to come home every summer to get away from the hectic pace of a big city.


She has been in town for the past couple of weeks and we spent Monday afternoon at the beach with her.




Sophie had a ball with Anne. She loves women! And at every opportunity she gets, she will take full advantage of having some 'girl time'.




So after working up an appetite at the beach, we headed for our favourite Greek restaurant.......It's All Greek To Me.




I really like spending time with Anne. We have shared a lot over the years....even though we lived miles apart in different cities in Canada. We have stayed in touch and have been there for each other when those difficult 'life situations' arose.




I guess one of the things that friends do for each other is to lend an ear when needed. And we have done that.....boy have we done that!  




Ron has noted over the years that there was always one person who could make me laugh.......Anne. He has tried and tried but to no avail most of the time. Not to say that I don't find him funny but that is different.


                           Isn't this little Mini the cutest! It was parked outside the restaurant.


There is something special about an enduring friendship. As I said to Anne the other morning when I picked her up at her brother's, it was like 'picking up where we left off' last year at this time.











Related Posts with Thumbnails