Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thinking Out Loud


One thing Ron and I had noticed while we were on vacation in Cape Cod this summer, was that a lot of people of all ages were walking around with their heads looking downward at the ground.




Whole families were doing this as they were walking down the street with their hands cupped and thumbs moving up and down continuously!




Of course you know what they were doing.........using their 'smart phones'.




When we got back to Halifax we noticed pretty much the same thing here but in proportion to our population.




Now, there is nothing wrong with this behavior and to be honest I find these 'phones' very intriguing and if I had a need for one I would probably have one.




Being the 'thinker' that I am I can't but wonder what effects this preoccupation/habit/addiction will have on our society. Being 'connected' and distracted like this may certainly change one's comfort with being alone and 'on their own'.




I think it's very important to spend time with yourself  and be 'disconnected' from everything......on a regular basis.




What do you think? Are we going to become a society with crooked necks and never to look up again?









Related Posts with Thumbnails