Tuesday, December 18, 2012

An Early Evening Walk in December


The other evening just before supper we jumped into the car and headed to the beach.


The sun was just beginning to set and with cameras in hand we went over the dunes.


The water was rather calm and the light was a soft pinkish pastel.


It's times like this when I wish I could put a 'hold' on life


and just stay in this scene/setting for an extended period.


I soon lost that notion remembering that it was December


and we were walking along the North Atlantic Ocean in winter.


The cold breeze having snapped me out of my trance, 


I continued to follow Ron as he set out onto the beach with Sophie.


The lines and light really played off of each other and I had this real sense of space.


This combination of sky, ocean, beach and space enlivens one, yet is also calming.


We are both aware of how fortunate we are to have access to this space.


It is not always as 'friendly' as it was on this particular evening last week.

  
But even when it is inhospitable here, there is an innate beauty.


Oh, it's getting dark...better get home for supper.




Related Posts with Thumbnails