Thursday, June 26, 2014

Let's Party !!


My father's 98th birthday was earlier this week and we celebrated with him on Sunday.
There were about fifty people there helping him celebrate.


This is Dad, Jimmie Sr., with his first cousin, May, whom he hadn't seen in 50 years!!


My nephew, Matt, and niece, Meghan, carry the cake over to Dad.
That is a ball and glove that my sister made for the cake.
Dad was a 'noted' ball-player in his prime.


With the help of my great nieces Sarah-Jane and Julia,
all the candles were blown out!


This is sure evidence that the cake was acceptable, 
at least according to my great-niece Cameron.


It had been a while since the whole family was together in one place. 
So photos to mark the occasion were taken.
This is one taken of the 'boys' :
From left....Laurie, Fred, Dad, myself, and Dennis sitting on floor.


Then the 'girls' of the family:
From left....Mary Elizabeth (Mim), Paula, Jo-Ann, and Marilyn with Dad.


Then all together!

It was really a good celebration for our father's birthday. Dad was very pleased
and the food was excellent! For the first time we had it catered and it was delicious.

Oh yes, my brother Dennis gave a wonderful and funny toast/speech in honour of Dad.
Only Dennis could do this and have everyone in the palm of his hand.
Good job Den!



Related Posts with Thumbnails